Friday, March 30, 2007

Now Hear This

Amy Winehouse

Album: Back To Black
Track: Rehab




__Now I have to give credit to my friend Kris Anthony for bringing this hott bitch to my attention. I received the Amy Winehouse album from him for my birthday and now I can't set it down. It's fucking fabulous in every since of the word. I love the fact her voice has so much soul and depth. You really wouldn't expect that from a young girl from Great Britain.

| Biography |

Winehouse was born into an English-Jewish family with a history of jazz musicians.[2] She grew up in the suburb of Southgate, North London, and attended Ashmole School. At around age 10, Winehouse founded a short-lived amateur rap group called Sweet 'n' Sour, as Sour. She described the group as "the little white Jewish Salt 'n' Pepa".[3] She attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School aged 12 but was expelled at 13 for "not applying herself" and piercing her own nose.[4][3] She later attended the BRIT School in Selhurst, Croydon.

She grew up listening to a diverse range of music (from Salt 'n' Pepa to Sarah Vaughan) and received her first guitar aged 13.[5]

After her friend, soul singer Tyler James, gave her demo tape to an A&R person, she was discovered and began singing professionally at age 16.[2] She signed to her current record label, Island/Universal, under management company 19 Management.[3]




No comments: