Monday, December 25, 2006

Mud Boggin

__ Well I finally made it home to good ol Wilmington, North Carolina early on Christmas Eve. I caught the early bird flight from Phoenix to Charlotte and then caught the first flight from Charlotte to Wilmington. I arrived around 4 in the afternoon and was greeted home by both Cicero and Josh, I must say seeing them both again gave me a feeling that I haven't felt in quite some time. Once we got my bags in the car we headed back to the house to spend a little time together befor Josh had to go see his family for the evening. We exchanged gifts and did the whole Christmas thing a little early since everyone had plans for Christmas day already. I enjoyed watching Cicero's face when he opened his gift and found the Dior cosmetics and sunglasses I had gotten him, and Josh's face when he saw the Burberry cologne. I know my friends are all label whores like myself so it was no suprise that they would enjoy the gifts.


__ Soon after the gift exchange Josh had to leave which left Cicero, Jared (Cicer's husband) and myself to entertain ourself on Christmas eve. The original plan was to pile in the new Hummer 3 that Jared's "friend" (also known as sugar daddy) had left in his possesion and head over to Macy's, well to our suprise Macy's was closed for the holidays.... IMAGINE THAT ?!?!? Racking our minds to find something to do we decided to do what most rednecks would do, go mud blogging! To those who aren't familiar with the term it's where you go off roading blasting through pits of mud and water making a big mess and having a good time. We filled the hummer with gas and headed to the mud pits that were miles away from the main road, in all seriousness if anything was to go wrong there would be no one around and too far away to hear our screams.

__ After a while have plowing through some pretty deep mud pits and splashing water everywhere Jared notices that the Low Tire indicator had come on. We found the closest dry spot where he could pull over and he got out to take a look around. Turns out that we had gotten a flat tire somewhere along the line and was missing the part of the tire tha covers the lug nuts. Keep in mind it is pitch black outside and we are in the middle of the woods off a dirt path miles away from the main road, it was like something straight out of a horror movie and we were loving it. While Jared changed the tire, Cicero and I grabbed the flashlight and walked back down the path we had just come from to see if we could find the piece to the tire. After walking for about 30 minutes we headed back to the Hummer to see if there had been any progress. After the tire was changed we piled back into the vehicle and made our way back to the house. In all reality I couldn't think of a better way to spend Christmas Eve.
GOD I MISS THE SOUTH

No comments: