Sunday, April 08, 2007

::Review:: The Reaping



The Reaping (USA)

Rated R | 2007 | 96 Mins

Genre: Horror/Thriller
Director: Stephen Hopkins
Starring: Hilary Swank, David Morrissey, Idris Elba, AnnaSophia Robb, Stephen Rea, William Ragsdale.





__In my opinion this was an amazing piece of work. There is no doubt in my mind that I would watch this movie again if given the chance. I will definitely be owning it when it comes on DVD. The movie has a lot to do with religion so I'm sure there is going to be some controversy around it at some point.

__Hilary Swank plays Katherine a Christian missionary that lost her faith when her family was murdered by the locals she was trying to help, now she has made it her life mission to rule out the belief of religious phenomenon. After experiencing what seems like religious phenomenon, a small town seeks her help to find answers. When she is no longer able to provide scientific evidence to explain the phenomenon she is forced to investigate other options.

__As she begins to have difficulty explaining the occurrences with scientific evidence, she realizes she may have to search deeper within herself and reclaim her faith if she is ever to understand the omens surrounding her.

::The Plagues::
  1. (Exodus 7:14-25) rivers and other water sources turned to blood ('Dam')
  2. (Exodus 7:26-8:11) amphibians (commonly believed to be frogs) ('Tsfardeia')
  3. (Exodus 8:12-15) Gnats ('Kinim')
  4. (Exodus 8:16-28) Flies, ('Arov')
  5. (Exodus 9:1-7) disease on livestock ('Dever')
  6. (Exodus 9:8-12) unhealable boils ('Shkhin')
  7. (Exodus 9:13-35) hail mixed with fire ('Barad')
  8. (Exodus 10:1-20) locusts ('Arbeh')
  9. (Exodus 10:21-29) darkness ('Choshech')
  10. (Exodus 11:1-12:36) death of the firstborn ('Makat Bechorot')


2 comments:

andydreamseeker said...

Hi Kyle,
My review on The Reaping:
http://andydreamseeker.blogspot.com/2007/04/movie-review-reaping.html

andydreamseeker said...

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog.
Sorry I had to delete it because of the adult content on your site.
(you included a site link through your user name)
There are young visitors to my site so I think it would not be that appropriate.
I seek your understanding.

Take care,

andydreamseeker