Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Country Cookin




::Flour & Crisco::


Fried Chicken
Breaded Shrimp
Curly Fries
Cajun Rise
Potato Salad
Biscuits





__Tonight my friend Anthony came by the house to hang out for a while. Since there isn't much to eat in the house at the moment I asked him to bring me some dinner on his way. When he arrived he handed me a plastic bag full of different boxes and containers. There was so much food that all three of us had dinner and I still have enough to eat for a few days. Don't get me wrong I love me some fried foods. I'm a country boy it's in my blood, but still doesn't mean it's any good for me.

::Deep Frying::
If performed properly, deep-frying does not make food excessively greasy because the moisture in the food repels the oil: The hot oil heats the water within the food, steaming it from the inside out, oil cannot go against the direction of this powerful flow.

Some fried foods are given a coating of batter or breading prior to frying. The effect of these is that the outside of the food becomes crispy and browned while the inside becomes tender, moist, and steamed. Some foods, such as potatoes or whole, skin-on poultry, produce a natural skin and do not require breading.

The correct frying temperature depends on the thickness and type of food, but in most cases it lies between 175 and 190°C (345–375°F)

No comments: